To read the IRS Tweet in reply to the erroneous letter sent to taxpayers CLICK HERE
Dear Clients and Friends,
Some of you that have already filed your 2022 tax returns and have a balance due may have received a notice from the IRS requesting payment earlier than the 10/16/23 date noted on the filing instructions we provided with your return.
If all three of the following criteria apply to you, the earlier payment due date on the IRS notice can be disregarded:
- You reside in one of the impacted disaster areas in California.
- What are the affected Counties? All Counties in California EXCEPT FOR: LASSEN
- Please Note* Due dates for Shasta and Modoc Counties are Aug. 15, 2023. Click Here for more info
- The balance due on the notice is the same as what we calculated when we prepared the return.
- There are no penalties or interest being assessed on the balance due.
Like all notices you receive from taxing authorities, we ask that you please provide us with a copy for our records, be sure to include all pages, front and back.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions.
The Vanderbilt Team
Click below for more information on CA Disaster Relief Extension.